Dear HSACCC members,
I am in awe of what nurses do and who they are! On college campuses nurses provide the needed, competence, love, support, education and expertise to countless students to help them be successful! I am honored to serve as your President for 2014-15! I have been a nurse for 37 years and in college health for 15 years. HSACCC provided much of the support I needed to assist in the implementation of the health fee at Peralta Community College District in Oakland, Alameda and Berkeley. I am hoping in the upcoming year that we will grow as an organization and have more Directors, Nurses, Mental Health Counselors and Coordinators engage, support and contribute to HSACCC so we can continue to influence student success in positive ways!!
At the May 2014 HSACCC conference, the HSACCC Executive Board members agreed upon the following goals:
- Increase the number of participants at the annual HSACCC retreat by 10%
- Increase the number of respondents to the annual HSACCC survey (by creating a mentorship program, more networking and Facebook page).
- Develop a quality assurance tool for HSACCC members.
- Develop and pilot a student success assessment tool.
- Develop a plan for HSACCC members to address the new changes in the Clery Act regarding sexual assault education, processing and prevention.
Indra C. Thadani RN, MSN
President HSACCC 2014-15
July 29, 2014